Views:3 Author:Site Editor Publish Time: 2019-12-11 Origin:Site
Lightweight, durable, versatile and inexpensive PVC tubes are a great job. It is used for all kinds of pipe work in family and yard. It is a common mode of transportation for hot and cold drinking water, sewage and drainage systems. You often encounter it in your pipeline projects, and you may find yourself turning to other "creative" home uses in the future. Therefore, learning how to connect PVC pipe coupling correctly can save you pipeline failures. Next, we briefly introduce how to install PVC joints on PVC pipes, hoping to help solve more problems that may be encountered in the use of PVC pipes.
♦ What is a PVC pipe coupling
♦ How to install PVC joints on PVC pipes?
♦ Installation precautions
The main component of PVC pipe is PVC. Adding other components to enhance its heat resistance, toughness and ductility. The top layer of the surface film is paint, the main component in the middle is polyvinyl chloride, and the bottom layer is backcoat adhesive. PVC joint is one of the simplest PVC joints. Such joints are usually permanently connected or "coupled" from one component to another. They can connect pipes to pipes, pipes to fittings, and even connectors. Some of them are even reduced, so you can connect a small tube to a large one, and vice versa. For PVC pipe fittings, we can provide sliding or internal thread ends according to your needs.
The correct procedures for installation of PVC pipe coupling are as follows:
1. Apply sandpaper at the end of PVC pipe and inside of pipe fittings. Some construction workers do not use sandpaper to polish pipes during construction or wipe them with towels. This makes the pipeline defective in the process of processing, because the pipeline will continue to use and withstand water pressure, and will not rupture for a long time.
2. Wipe off the shavings with a clean rag and then apply the glue evenly. In addition, the choice of glue is also important. It is impossible to choose inferior glue or use expired glue. This is the hidden danger of the future. Apply cement to primer areas inside fittings and outside pipes.
3. Finally, insert the pipe end into the pipe socket. Slide the tube into the joint until it slides down from the shoulder of the joint, then rotate 1/4 inch to expand the glue and accelerate curing. If you want to install connectors, please align the reference marks slightly, and then rotate the connectors to align the markers. Hold for 30 seconds, then wipe off the excess cement with a dry cloth.
In addition to following the above principles, construction units should also train plumbers to improve their quality, while using some pipes and risers as far as possible. PVC pipes are thermosetting plastics. They usually have a long life and can be used for 45 to 50 years.
In the process of installation, we should also pay attention to some things:
1) Flammable articles such as adhesives and detergents should be kept away from fire sources. The construction site should be well ventilated. During the bonding process, operators should wear protective glasses and gloves.
2) No unclean cloth or bare adhesives or detergents shall be used.
3) Cotton yarn and materials containing adhesives and detergents should be removed in time after the completion of daily construction.
4) Cotton yarn and materials containing adhesives and detergents should be removed in time after the completion of routine construction.
5) Fireworks are strictly prohibited during bonding construction.
With the development of social economy, the use of PVC pipe and PVC pipe fittings is becoming more and more common, and gradually entered every family. You should all know that PVC joints play a very important role in the whole pipeline. Because without it, PVC pipe can not be used as a whole. Therefore, it is also a very important process to install joints on PVC pipes. If you have any questions about PVC pipe and PVC pipe coupling, please consult in time.