Views: 6 Author: Site Editor Publish Time: 2020-10-13 Origin: Site
This article will analyze the causes of water leakage caused by the bonding of PVC pipes in several aspects, and take corresponding treatment methods. You can use it as a reference.
Specification for PVC pipe fittings
Improper installation method
1. The dimensions of PVC pipe fittings and pipes should conform to the corresponding standard specifications; if the clearance is too small, it is quite difficult to insert the adhesive after inserting the adhesive, especially for larger diameter pipes. Sometimes it happens that if you insert it in half, it will not be pushed again. At this time, the advance is not in place, and you can't retreat.
2. Stacking of pipes and fittings shall be carried out in strict accordance with relevant regulations, especially for thin-walled sockets. It is strictly forbidden to stack irregularly or pile up for too long, so that the socket parts are subjected to external forces to form ellipse, severely elliptical pipes. Or the insertion is not in place or the local gap is large, and the shear strength is reduced after the bonding.
3. The adhesive is also called 601 adhesive. It is made of perchloroethylene resin and other organic solvents in a certain ratio. In order to ensure the bonding quality of the water supply pipe, when purchasing pipes, fittings and adhesives The products of the same manufacturer should be selected to avoid the mutual refusal of each manufacturer when searching for the cause of water leakage.
1. Improper operation mainly means that the installer lacks experience and has not undergone special business training.
2. Inappropriate management and protection mainly includes the following aspects:
a. The curing time after bonding is short.
b. Bonding PVC pipe fittings with larger diameters, etc., according to the relevant regulations, cement thrust piers shall be provided. Some construction personnel shall save trouble or neglect without setting.
1. Preparation before bonding: PVC pipe fittings should be flat and perpendicular to the axis of the front end of the bonding. The bonding surface should be cleaned with cotton yarn. When the bonding surface is oily, it needs to be cleaned with acetone and other cleaning agents.
2. Overuse of adhesives: Adhesives consist mainly of a certain proportion of perchloroethylene resin and other solvents. After a period of time, it dissolves and softens the surface of pipe fittings and causes them to solidify. When brushing pipes and fittings, the size of the brush should match the size of the PVC pipe fittings. For larger diameter pipe and PVC pipe fittings, use a larger size brush. The main purpose is to finish the painting quickly and quickly. . When brushing the glue, please brush the mouth evenly and appropriately before brushing the slot. Normally, the dose is 200 grams per square meter. If there is too much adhesive, excess adhesive will be extruded and accumulate at the bottom of the pipe. It will not solidify for a long time, and will continue to permeate into the pipe to soften the bottom of the pipe, especially the thin-walled long distance small diameter pipe. At this point, once the water is tested, it appears at the bottom of the pipe. There's a leak in the breach.
3. When installing, consider the problem: the construction personnel should not consider the problem when installing the pipeline. If the PVC pipe fittings such as tee and elbow are bonded, only the continuous extension of the pipe is considered, regardless of the pipe that has just been bonded. Forcibly lifting, oscillating, or hammering the pipe, the large vibration wave and the uncured bonding surface affect the shear strength, or use a tightener to connect the tee and the pipe near the elbow. Thus, the tension generated by the tightener is exactly opposite to the propulsive force used for bonding, and as a result, the tube which has not yet been solidified is pulled out by the tightener, and the insertion is short, and the water is leaked during the pressure test.
If you have a similar problem with your key, you may be able to find relevant answers in the above. If you have other questions, we are happy to answer your questions.